If your energy supplier has ceased trading, we’ll provide an update on your case as soon as Ofgem nominate a 'Supplier of Last Resort' to take over as your new supplier. Until that time we appreciate your patience and recommend you take a meter reading.

More information on our SoLR process is available here.

Can I complain?

Not sure whether we can help you with a specific complaint? Find out exactly which suppliers we cover, and which types of issues we can help with, here.

What are you looking to do?

Check which providers are signed up to our scheme

Check providers

Browse our advice on solving your problem

Browse problems

Find out which sectors we operate in

View sectors

Logging a formal complaint.

You should log a formal complaint with your provider and wait for a resolution or a deadlock letter.

Escalating the complaint to us.

Once you've submitted your complaint to us we'll:

  • Review the evidence from both parties.
  • Suggest a fair resolution.
  • Ensure your provider complies to our resolution once you choose to accept it.

Ready to escalate your complaint to us?

Start your complaint

What can you expect from a resolution:

  • An apology.
  • An explanation of what went wrong.
  • A practical action to correct the problem.
  • A financial award (Subject to limit).
  • Recommendations to the company to avoid similar problems happening again.

What to do if you're not happy with our decision.

  • If you reject our final decision you'll be free to resolve your complaint by other methods, such as through the civil courts.