We can help with a range of problems related to the price of energy, however unless you think your supplier is charging more than is allowed under Ofgem’s price cap, we won’t be able to consider complaints about the actual price of energy.

For more information about the support that is available if you are struggling to pay your energy bills, we recommend visiting the Citizens Advice website or talking directly to your supplier.

Advice and support from other organisations

This page gives you the contact details of other organisations or ombudsman schemes that may be able to help you.

These are the organisations that we get asked about the most:

  • Citizens Advice consumer service The official body that provides free and independent advice about your consumer rights at any point during your complaint. Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 040506 or visit their website. Click here

  • Extra Help Unit If you have an energy complaint, the Consumer Service may refer your case to the Extra Help Unit if your supply has been disconnected, is at risk of being disconnected, or if you require additional support with the complaint due to your personal circumstances or the complexity of the situation. More information can be found on their website. Click here

  • Financial Ombudsman They can help with most financial services including banking, insurance, PPI, loans, mortgages, pensions and investments. Go to website.

All other organisations are now listed in alphabetical order:

  • AviationADR An independent and impartial scheme, free for passengers to use. It can deal with complaints about airlines and airports that subscribe with it. Go to website.

  • Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) Another communications sector alternative dispute resolution (ADR) scheme. It resolves disputes related to communication and internet services. If a provider is not part of our scheme, it may be part of CISAS. Go to website.

  • CommsADR CommsADR is an alternative dispute resolution scheme which helps resolve disputes about ‘non-regulated’ matters between consumers and businesses in the communications industry. Go to website.

  • Consumer Arbitration Consumer Arbitration is an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme that deals with disputes between consumers and traders. Go to website.

  • Data Arbitration Deals with disputes between consumers and company’s relating to data breaches. Go to website.

  • European Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) You may wish to send your complaint through the European Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform which is independent of any trader. This platform is provided by the European Commission to make online shopping safer and fairer. If you are in the EU, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein you can use it to find the best solution for your consumer problem. The site is available in EU languages, Icelandic and Norwegian. Go to website

  • Furniture Ombudsman An independent, not-for-profit, government approved ombudsman for the furnite sector. Go to website.

  • Housing Ombudsman Resolves disputes involving the tenants and leaseholders of social landlords (housing associations and local authorities) and their voluntary members (private landlords and letting agents). Go to website.

  • Information Commissioner’s Officer Our role is to uphold information rights in the public interest. Go to website.

  • Legal Ombudsman Help with complaints about the service received from a lawyer or claims management company in England and Wales. Go to website.

  • Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Deals with complaints about councils, all adult social care providers (including care homes and home care agencies) and some other organisations providing local public services. Go to website.

  • MoneySavingExpert The UK's biggest consumer website. Provides advice and information on multiple consumer matters. Go to website.

  • Motor Ombudsman The Motor Ombudsman is the automotive dispute resolution body. Go to website.

  • National Energy Ombudsman Network (NEON) NEON is the European network of independent, not-for-profit consumer dispute-resolution services and ombudsmen active in the energy sector. Go to website.

  • Ombudsman Association The Ombudsman Association is a professional association for ombudsman schemes and complaint handlers, their staff and others interested in the work of independent complaint resolution. Go to website.

  • Parking on Private Land Appeals Appeals service for private land parking charges issued by parking operators that are members of the British Parking Association. Go to website.

  • Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman Makes final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England and UK government departments and other public organisations. Go to website.

  • Pensions Ombudsman Investigates complaints about pension administration. Considers complaints about the actions and decisions of the Pension Protection Fund and some decisions made by the Financial Assistance Scheme. Go to website.

  • Prisons and Probation Carries out independent investigations into deaths and complaints in custody. Go to website

  • Property Ombudsman Resolves disputes between consumers and property agents. Go to website

  • Property Redress Scheme A consumer redress scheme for property agents and professionals. Go to website

  • Rail Deals with unresolved customer complaints about service providers within the rail industry. Go to website

  • RetailADR RetailADR, formerly known as ‘The Retail Ombudsman’ is an independent, not-for-profit, government approved organisation resolving disputes between consumers and retailers. Go to website

  • Trading Standards Your local trading standards office can give you advice and guidance if you are in dispute with goods and services providers. Go to website.

  • Utilities ADR Helps resolve disputes about ‘non-regulated’ matters between consumers, non-microbusinesses and utility providers. Go to website

  • Which? Advice and information or consumers about various products and services. Go to website