Consumers, participating companies, media and other organisations frequently ask about the types and volumes of complaints and enquiries that we handle. We currently share a range of figures in our annual report, including the total number of complaints we resolve and a breakdown by sector. We also publish quarterly statistics about the complaints we accept and resolve in the energy sector.
Visit explaining our complaints data to find out more.
Energy complaints data
We publish quarterly statistics about the complaints we accept and resolve in the energy sector. We also provide a breakdown for the largest energy companies (based on customer base). The data that we publish includes residential and business where the company operates in both markets.
Quarterly energy data 2016
Quarterly energy data 2015
Communications complaints data
We are working with Ofcom to publish quarterly statistics about the complaints we accept and resolve in the communications sector. As part of this initiative, we have provided a breakdown of the types of complaint being received about the larger communications providers and published this for the first time in April 2017. We anticipate that more information about the complaints we receive will be published in the next few months.
Quarterly communications data 2016
Each year in our annual report we include a range of statistics for the previous financial year. We show the figures as an organisational wide total and sliced by sector. The figures that we publish include:
- Total initial contacts and how we were contacted
- Breakdown of written contacts
- Total number of complaints we resolved
- Percentage of contacts inside (ITOR) and outside (OTOR) our terms of reference
- Reasons we could not accept a complaint
- Number of Ombudsman Services employees by gender
- Number of website visitors and Twitter followers
- Top three causes of complaint by sector
- Key performance indicators by sector