Meeting your needs
Making our services accessible to all
We are committed to making our services accessible to everyone. Consumers can contact us online, over the phone or in writing. We have facilities in place for those who may have sight, hearing or speech difficulties. We can make and receive calls using a text relay service and can contact a foreign language telephone translation service to make it easier for foreign language speakers to pursue a complaint. If you need information about our services in a language other than English, we may be able to arrange for a translation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We can also provide documents in alternative formats such as large print, audio and Braille. Contact us at email@example.com to make a request and we will do our best to help.
The above information is available in other languages.
Download our meeting your needs flyer.
Contact us using a sign language (BSL) interpreter
British Sign Language users can contact us using a sign language interpreter, through the InterpretersLive! service. This service is available from 8am until midnight, seven days a week. Outside of these hours, we can provide pre-bookable video interpreting with 30 minutes’ notice. If an interpreter is not immediately available, then you can hold or retry the call later. Outside of these hours, please leave your contact details in a video message and we will contact you to rearrange the call. Please click on the image below to access an interpreter.
How to connect to a sign language interpreter
Here are instructions on how to use the BSL service.
If you are having difficulties connecting to the InterprestersLive! service try watching this troubleshooting guide. Alternatively you may contact Sign Solutions for further help, or to provide feedback on the service, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This service is accessible via Windows supported devices and Apple Mac.
• If using an iPad or Android device, contact Sign Solutions for your free app invitation.
• You need a webcam, a minimum broadband upload speed of 1MB and Flash Player.
• The service is compatible with the following browsers: Google Chrome version 46 and later, Firefox version 45 and later and Opera version 39 or later.
Sign Solutions providers of InterpretersLive! are certified ISO 27001 and ISO 9001, all data is processed and held securely. As a certified organisation we are committed to continuous improvement and are externally assessed annually, to ensure progress is maintained.
Equality and diversity
Ombudsman Services is committed to equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We provide a free Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme and help all members of the community to resolve their complaints. We are committed to continually reviewing and improving how we provide our processes to ensure that we provide a service that meets the needs of our service users and is accessible to all. You can read our 2014/15 Equality and Diversity Strategy by clicking here.
Disability Confident Employer
Ombudsman Services became a Disability Confident employer in September 2016 (see certification). As a Disability Confident employer we:
- Actively look to attract and recruit disabled people
- Provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offer interviews to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Are flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Make reasonable adjustments as required
- Encourage our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident
- Ensure employees have sufficient disability equality awareness