We can help with a range of problems related to the price of energy, however unless you think your supplier is charging more than is allowed under Ofgem’s price cap, we won’t be able to consider complaints about the actual price of energy.

For more information about the support that is available if you are struggling to pay your energy bills, we recommend visiting the Citizens Advice website or talking directly to your supplier.

Know your rights.

Have you experienced poor service? Have a complaint you can’t resolve? Find out what your rights are as a consumer, and how Ombudsman Services can help.

As a consumer, you have rights.

When buying goods and services, you're protected by The Consumer Rights Act 2015. Here are some of the things you are protected against:

  • Faulty goods.
  • Poor service.
  • Problems with contracts.

This means you can get help for these things if anything goes wrong. For more information about your consumer rights visit gov.uk

There's help available if you experience issues.

  1. The first thing you need to do is log a complaint with your provider.
  2. Your provider should have a formal complaint process that you can request a copy of. Often, you can find it on their website.
  3. You need to follow the company’s complaint process to give them an opportunity to fix any issue.

Ombudsman Services might be able to help.

If the provider can’t resolve the issue or you’re not happy with how they have dealt with it, we may be able to look into your complaint for you.

We can’t deal with:

  • Which products and services a provider chooses to offer.
  • Complaints that are currently going through or have gone through court.

Ready to complain?

Start your complaint

If we can't help.

If we're not able to look into your complaint, or you want some additional advice about your consumer rights, you can access some more information from the following organisations:

Citizens Advice consumer service.

The official body that provides free and independent advice about your consumer rights at any point during your complaint. Contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 040506 or visit the website.

Find out more

Extra Help Unit.

If you have an energy complaint, the Consumer Service may refer your case to the Extra Help Unit if your supply has been disconnected, is at risk of being disconnected, or if you require additional support with the complaint due to your personal circumstances or the complexity of the situation.

Find out more


Resolver is a free tool to help consumers raise and resolve issues.

Find out more

Resolver also works with MoneySavingExpert.com, the UK's biggest consumer advice website, bringing together their awesome campaigning power with Resolver's focus on helping consumers raise and resolve issues.

Find out more


Consumer champions, they provide advice to consumers to ensure they get the best deal and value for money.

Find out more