Ombudsman Services is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr Matthew Vickers as Deputy Chief Ombudsman. Mr. Vickers joins from the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission (SLCC) where he was Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Vickers joins a growing team at Ombudsman Services in Warrington where he will take up a pivotal new role supporting the Chief Ombudsman, representing the organisation nationally and internationally and championing the quality and integrity of our decision-making.
As a member of the Executive team, Mr Vickers will be making a substantial contribution to the delivery of Ombudsman Services growth strategy, while also ensuring we continue to provide a world-class alternative dispute resolution (ADR) service to consumers and participating companies.
In his previous role as Chief Executive Officer at the SLCC, Mr. Vickers led a series of improvements to the governance, structure and culture of the organisation which delivered significant gains in efficiency and effectiveness. Prior to joining SLCC, where he spent two years, Mr. Vickers held Consul positions in Madrid and the Canary Islands.
Taking up his new role in March, Mr. Vickers appointment marks the latest in a series of new appointments that has seen Ombudsman Services recruit over 200 new employees since January 2014 as part of its extensive growth plans.
Lewis Shand Smith, Chief Ombudsman at Ombudsman Services, welcomes the appointment:
“We are delighted that Matthew is joining Ombudsman Services as Deputy Chief Ombudsman. He brings a great depth of experience in improving capability in knowledge management and analytical techniques. This is a timely appointment for us as we look to grow our business and help even more consumers and businesses across the UK access the benefits of independent complaint handling.”
About Ombudsman Services
- Ombudsman Services is a not for profit, private company limited by guarantee.
- Ombudsman Services runs national, private sector ombudsman schemes which provides independent dispute resolution for the communications, energy, property, copyright licensing sectors, the Green Deal, the ABFA, Reallymoving.com and Which? Trusted Traders scheme.
- The Chief Ombudsman’s speech about the future of Ombudsman Services in a changing consumer redress landscape can be accessed by clicking here
- Ombudsman Services provides an expert dispute resolution service. The service focuses on encouraging early agreed resolution wherever possible and does not charge a fee so it’s able to offer access to redress for consumers to resolve their complaints without proceeding to the civil courts.
- Ombudsman Services is a full member of the Ombudsman Association (OA) and adheres to its principles.
- Further information about Ombudsman Services can be found at www.ombudsman-services.org