Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA)
Ombudsman Services have been appointed by the British Parking Association (BPA) to administer the Parking on Private Land Appeals (POPLA) service with effect from 1 October 2015.
Ombudsman Services have agreed with the BPA however that the new POPLA service will be made available from 14 September 2015 to help ensure a smooth transition from the current service provider London Councils.
From the 14 September 2015 any motorist wishing to register a new appeal against a parking operators decision will be able to do so using the new POPLA service provided by Ombudsman Services. We will be encouraging motorists to use our new POPLA website as soon as it becomes available as this will be the quickest and easiest way to register an appeal, upload evidence and track the progress of an appeal. In the meantime:
If you have already started a POPLA appeal before the 21 August 2015:
- Your appeal will remain with the current service provider, London Council (www.popla.org.uk) who will continue to process your case
If you have either posted an appeal to POPLA or registered your intention to appeal on the London Council website SINCE 21 August 2015:
- Your information will be passed to Ombudsman Services by London Councils
- Ombudsman Services will contact you on or shortly after 14 September 2015 when our new POPLA service is available
- Parking Operators will have been made aware of your intentions and have been requested by London Councils not to take any further action on your Parking Charge Notice until they have been contacted by Ombudsman Services
- Please do not send us any documentation or evidence until you have been contacted by Ombudsman Services
Our new POPLA team will be available to handle enquiries from 14 September.
Thank you for your patience during the handover.