If your energy supplier has ceased trading, we’ll provide an update on your case as soon as Ofgem nominate a 'Supplier of Last Resort' to take over as your new supplier. Until that time we appreciate your patience and recommend you take a meter reading.

More information on our SoLR process is available here.

Sectors we can help with

We’re approved to review unresolved complaints about providers in the energy and communications sectors, as well as parking on private land appeals through POPLA.

Energy sector

If you're having issues with your energy supplier, we may be able to help resolve your complaint. This includes any problems you experience with the Green Deal, Heat or Energy Networks.

Common complaints we can support you with include:

  • Disputes over gas and electricity bills and payments
  • Problems that arise as a result of switching your energy supplier
  • Issues relating to how you were sold an energy product or service

Communications sector

If you're struggling to resolve a complaint about your mobile phone, landline, Pay TV or broadband internet service, then we may be able to help.

Common complaints we can support you with include:

  • Disputes over mobile and broadband bills and payments
  • Problems relating to quality and consistency of service
  • Customer service related issues

We also help with Parking On Private Land Appeals (POPLA)

If you’re struggling with an appeal against a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) issued on private land, then we may be able to help. We operate the POPLA service on behalf of the British Parking Association (BPA).

Visit POPLA website

We also handle Domestic & General complaints

We handle D&G complaints about Home appliance warranties, heating, TV & audio, photo and video devices.

Find out more

Can’t see the sector you need?

As we’re the Ombudsman for Energy and Communications, we won’t be able to help with queries for other issues.

If you're looking to escalate your complaint in other areas such as travel, retail, insurance, employment, financial products or banking, then there are other organisations or ombudsman schemes that may be able to help.

Explore further support