Energy complaint advice and cases 

Industry wide update

The national database for the gas industry market is currently in the process of replacing its IT system. The new system will go live on 1 June 2017. If you are transferring your gas supply to another supplier between 24 May 2017 and 31 May 2017 you may experience a short delay in the transfer. Please note that this is industry wide and may affect the transfer of your supply regardless of who your gas supply is with. If you have any concerns about potential delays transferring your gas supply then please contact your gas supplier. 

Energy advice pages

We publish advice and information to help energy consumers make their most of their gas or electricity supply and ensure they know what to do if they have a complaint. 

Switch your energy supplier with confidence


The Energy Switch Guarantee is a commitment that promises a speedy and safe switch from one energy provider to another. So you won’t need to worry about a thing. Click the link or the image above to find out more about the Guarantee and to see which providers are signed up.

Energy case summaries

To help you understand more about the work of the energy ombudsman, we publish a selection of anonymous energy case summaries. These include an outline of the complaint, our review and the resolution.

Further advice or support

The Citizens Advice consumer service is a government-funded service offering independent advice and information on energy issues. The service offers free, impartial advice about consumer rights and the complaints process. You can call the service on 03454 040506 or visit Citizens Advice Energy.