Students - know your rights!
British students lose out on over £335m per year by not knowing their rights
- Over 1.3 million students are left out of pocket by millions of pounds every year because they don’t know their rights
- Over three quarters of students complain of problems with accommodation, utility suppliers and retailers
- Many students say they feel too embarrassed to complain
To ensure students know how to access help and address any problems, we've launched a free downloadable 'know your rights' guide. It contains tips and advice as well as who to contact for help.
The guide is available to download by clicking on the image below.
You can also view the student guide in the following formats:
We've pulled together some case studies that highlight problems that students have experienced with their utility suppliers, telecoms providers and accommodation:
- Breaking a contract
- Locked in dispute
- 'Inclusive rent' misleads tenants
- Energy bill is 18 months overdue